All publications of “Maurício Macedo”2 results
Intestinal fistula after magnets ingestion
Accidental ingestion of magnetic foreign bodies has become more common due to increased availability of objects and toys with magnetic elements. The majority of them traverse the gastrointestinal system spontaneously without complication. However, ingestion of multiple magnets may require surgical resolution. The case of an 18-month girl who developed an intestinal fistula after ingestion of two magnets is reported.
Midgut volvulus after laparoscopic appendectomy
The authors report a case of a 13-year old child who was submitted to a laparoscopic appendectomy and developed, during the postoperative period, an intestinal obstruction caused by small bowel volvulus in the absence of a congenital malrotation.